This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Applicable to/under conditions
This model is ideal for modeling the behaviour of cellular communications in large cities with tall structures.
Frequency: 150 MHz to 3700 MHz
Young model was built on the data of 1952 in New York City.
The mathematical formulation for Young model is:
- L = path loss. Unit: decibel (dB)
- GB = gain of base transmitter. Unit: decibel (dB)
- GM = gain of mobile transmitter. Unit: decibel (dB)
- hB = height of base station antenna. Unit: meter (m)
- hM = height of mobile station antenna. Unit: meter (m)
- d = link distance. Unit: kilometer (km)
- = clutter factor